What is the San Benito Fire Safe Council?
The San Benito Fire Safe Council is based in San Benito County and coordinated by a coalition of public and private sector organizations that share a common, vested interest in reducing losses from wildfire. SBFSC is a local council of the Santa Clara County FireSafe Council, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
The San Benito Fire Safe Council Objectives
- Unite council members to speak with one voice on fire safety issues.
- Use marketing expertise and communication channels of council members to increase distribution of fire prevention material.
- Discuss and evaluate legislation pertaining to fire safety.
- Empower grass roots organizations and individuals to create fire safe communities.
- Approach, discuss and solve local fire safety issues and problems using the expertise and resources of council members.
The SBFSC is a chapter of the California Fire Safe Councils.